Tagged: reading through the Bible
February 1, 2021 at 2:00 pm #640Patrick ObenKeymaster
Greetings Beloved of the Loved!
I am excited the Lord brought you here and has put the interest in your heart to Read Through the Bible in One Year officially coded as RTB-1!
Reading through the Bible is so simple yet it is a profoundly spiritual and important endeavor for every believer.
I highly urge and exhort you to make every effort to jump in and read through the Bible.
This Forum Thread has been created to serve as a platform for us to encourage one another, have our questions answered, answer questions others have which you have the answers, inspire others and above all else, be filled with the power and presence of the Spirit as we get through this important spiritual adventure together.
We do not currently have any plan here at our ministry but there are many excellent plans out there already created and free. We will be developing one in the next few weeks or months. If you do not have a plan, we have found the YouVersion one year reading plan to be very practical and convenient since many of us, including myself, use YouVersion app almost on a daily basis. Whatever plan you chose, there are some tips to help you through:
1. Be resolved to be done with the Bible by December 31st.
2. Choose a plan that allows you to read through the OT and NT. It might be on the same day or on alternate days. I alternate and read the OT one day and the NT the next day. Some plans might have a daily Psalms which is perfectly fine.
3. Remember that Reading Through the Bible in One Year is not the same as your Devotional Bible Study. The difference is subtle but you should be aware of it. You should do a Reading Through the Bible and a Devotional Bible Study EVERYDAY..
If you are not sure how to do a Devotional Bible Study, we have an entire lesson on this which is FREE. Please check it out here
4. Beware of activities that will “kill” or distract your Reading Through the Bible. The first is trying to do an in-depth study when you are reading. The second is trying to mix up devotional study with reading through.
When it is the time to read through the Bible, please be focused on Reading Through the allotted chapters only! Devotional time or more in depth study can come later.
5. There will be days that you will not be able to do both your Reading Through or Devotional. Be aware of this. Try to keep these days to a minimum. Furthermore, you will have to do some “catch up” where you will read more than your usual. You might even take an entire day focusing on just reading through the scriptures.
6. Beware of this enemy called Religion or better still legalism. This is when you start feeling as though God loves you more when you read through, or He is angry at you when you do not. Or worst still, you feel you are a better christian than the other who is struggling with this. These are real practical threats that will attack almost everyone of us. Be on your guard and never allow them to settle in your heart. The purpose of Reading Through the Bible is to allow your heart to be rich with the Word of God and be filled with the power and presence of the Spirit as you do.
We will have two Zoom moments of catching up sometime in June to ensure we are all on track and another in December to celebrate and pray together.
Frankline L is our Forum moderator. Please reach out to Patrick Oben if you want to help out as another Forum Moderator for this. We will need about 2-3 Moderators.
I pray the Spirit of the Lord will encounter every one of you as you engage in this tasks. Please remember this always: the purpose of Reading Through the Bible is to be filled with the power and presence of the Holy Spirit. Yes, you get filled by the Word as much as we do in prayer. Let it be in your consciousness as you do. Some of you will have encounters with God in the Word you never thought possible. Please share with us! Ask questions, post your updates, encourage and inspire others in the Forum.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.